My daughter, when she got married a couple years ago, did not want to wear my wedding dress that I wore when I married back in 1984, even though I offered to modernize it. Well okay, fine, we moved on.
I wanted to sew SOMETHING for her, I just had to! After all that’s what I do! I made the garters as I mentioned in a previous post Here, but felt that was not quite enough.
We decided I would make her veil and here are some pictures of its progression:
Now to decide on a bead/pearl/rhinestone pattern placement. This is the pattern I chose, after several attempts. I wanted it rather simple, so as not to take away from the beautiful dress she chose. Plus with so many scallops, there was plenty of fullness and I think, just the right amount of sparkle. So, at each scallop point, I sewed on 3 white pearls along with 3 clear bugle seed beads. In the middle of each scallop, I sewed on 1 white pearl and 2 clear bugle seed beads:
As this was done 2-1/2 years ago, I have no details unfortunately how many scallops are in the veil, or how long the veil actually is. My best guess for the scallops is maybe 32.
These last 2 photo’s were taken by their professional photographer