I haven’t posted in a very long time. Guess I have been busy with projects!
I just finished these:
I used Berroco Comfort Sock yarn. I decided to mix it up a bit and add some solid color, along with the multi-color. Comfy indeed!!
I also see I never posted my completed counted cross stitch snowman stocking, so here it is:
And finally, my current ongoing counted cross stitch project, in honor of my sweet Boxer, Clare:
I bought this counted cross stitch pattern HERE years ago, but am changing up the coloring a bit as Clare is so much darker than what the pattern calls for. Its a bit of a challenge, but fun!
My stocking is basically done as far as cross stitching is concerned. Now I need to start at the top and work down to fill in any missing spots!! I know there are several!
After that, comes the highlighting stitches and sew it together!!
Until next time, happy stitching!!
I have reached the tip of the toe!
It shouldn’t be too long now!!
I am really liking the way this Christmas stocking is turning out for my grandsons first Christmas this year :-)
The detail is amazing, just by adding cross stitches and a few color changes!!
Here is my progress to date:
Until next time….happy stitching!
Not too bad of progress over the last 2 months, considering we were on a road trip across the country for 3 weeks. In addition to devoting time to gardening a lot more, now that the weather is nicer.
I actually brought the project along on the trip in hopes of getting some stitching done either in the car or at our destination, but while at our destination, we had a 3 month old puppy thrust upon us and I was not about to have her get all in my thread!!! So it stayed safely in the packaging until we arrived home so I can spread it all out again on our dining room table. What better place to do such a thing :-)
Here is the “before” photo:
Until next time….happy stitching!
Moving right along on my stocking:
Sorry for the wrinkles. I just took it out of the hoop and snapped a quick pic, so I can get it right back in the hoop and keep stitching!!
Hard to look at this fellow, cute as he is, with the nasty winter we just had.
Here is it. The day has come. My Cabin Fever Counted Cross Stitch project is matted and framed and looks absolutely beautiful; like a painting….I love it :-)
Michael’s did a wonderful job helping me select the matte coloring and sizing. I chose the frame by myself :-)
I chose museum glass for this as well. It gives it an amazing look.
Next post….update on my Christmas stocking and crocheted giraffe I named George!
Here is a pic of my completed project:
This project came about because it is my Grandson’s 2nd birthday. I was doing a Google search for alphabet puzzles and found them to be a choking hazard for his age. Which lead to Etsy to see if I can find some wood alphabet letters. No luck there. Then I got the bright idea that I should sew some alphabet blocks. Oh yes, I can do that, I said to myself!!
So off I went to the store for fabric, felt and foam. I did not care for the lumpiness of using polyfil, as I wanted them more, well, square blocks! I went with 3 colors for 13 of the blocks and 3 different colors for the alternating 13 blocks.
My fabric is cut into 3″ squares and the letters “A” and “B”, which I cut out of felt using THIS template, scaled down to 75%, as I am making 2″ blocks.
For block “A”, I followed THESE DIRECTIONS for sewing the blocks together. First sewing the 4 vertical blocks together, (using a 1/2″ seams), and stitching all the way across the fabric, from end to end.
Then the rest of the seams, sew as directed by sewing only to within a 1/2″ from end, but I was fighting with the ends that were sewed all the way and not getting crisp corners.
For block “B”, I tried THESE and it was so much easier to seam the whole “box” and my corners do look a lot better.
I only have 24 more letters to go!
I have 10 months until Christmas to get this done for my soon-to-be-born grandson:
It’s the Dimensions Gold Collection
called “Snowman & Friends Stocking”
The Aida cloth is white, 18 count and that means there are a whole lot of stitches that go into this project! There are very few white squares that are not filled in; on the ground and snowman portion only.
I can also say regarding my Cabin Fever Counted Cross Stitch project, that it is COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except that is for framing. I will post a pic when that is done, but for now, here are the latest updates showing some embellishments:
It’s amazing how a few straight lines can really bring out the detail of the project….love, love, love it :-)
Until next time…..Happy Stitching!